Laziness is a bigger issue than I thought.

I can remember the days when I was younger and I didn't want to work. When I was 22 years old, I can remember trying to figure a way to leave work and go hang out with my friends or just do something that is not work. Those were the days! Now I find myself unemployed at the age of 31 and I hate it.



I was laid off about three weeks ago and I been trying to find things to do to keep myself busy. The first couple of days were easy because I looked at my situation as a vacation. My mindset was that I was going to do nothing and enjoy myself. Well that way of thinking has come and gone.

One things that I have been able to do that I am proud of is a lot of reflecting. Recently I had a negative encounter with a friend of mine that was my fault. At the same time it gave me the opportunity to look at myself. I took the time to look at my faults, my weakness and how they are affecting my life. And one thing that has always been  a weakness that I have tried to work on is laziness. The whole "I'll do it tomorrow" or the "no big thing" mentality. I've said that I would work on this before but I will admit that I have never put a real effort towards it. Now with my current situation its now or never.

This is something that has to change if I want to be successful. This would not only effect my employment but also my life in general. This is my life that we are talking about and nothing could be more important. I can see now how laziness can affect everything around you. Your friends, your family, and your love life are all affected by this. Now is the time to change.

So from this day on, I promise to fight this enemy of mine so that I can be the man that I know I can be. There is no more excuses. I know I will have my times of weakness and may take a step backwards in my progress but I will promise to make up for it by taking two steps forward. Look out people! There is a new sheriff in town!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

THE WRITE GUYZ

Videos

.

Grip Johnson Sized Up Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template